Pregnancies are the biggest things to happen in most women's lives, so they need to be documented right? The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my emotions, struggles, and anything else during my pregnancy of my first child. This blog starts before the pregnancy is confirmed and will end, well, I'm not so sure about that. But anyways, I plan to document everything I can.


Now that Gracee is born, I intend to document anything and everything I feel I need to discuss. So don't continue on if poopie diapers make you cringe because I'm sure a good many will be discussed!



Thanks for reading my utterly disastrous blog. Hopefully I'll get better about writing often, but don't count on it.



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Babies Exit From the Belly Button Right?

Sunday I decided to break the news to my Kindergarden niece that I was having a baby. This is how it went:

Me: Josey, Kaykay is going to be a mommy. Do you know what that means?
Josey: Duh Kaykay, you have a baby in your belly.
Me: (Shocked) How did you know that?
Josey: Because I know that babies come from your belly.

Anyways, after she asked a few questions about what the baby would be to her (her cousin of course) she went about her business riding her pink scooter down my mother's halls. A few minutes later she crawls onto the arm of the couch beside me and whispers, "Kaykay, how is that baby going to come out of your belly?"---OH, LORD! How in the world am I supposed to answer this question. I did the best thing I knew to do--directed her to her nana. Mama, of course, just looks at her then decides ignoring her would be best. When Josey came back to get an answer from me, I tried to ignore her too. But that doesn't work very well with Miss Josey. She repeated the question twenty times, and finally I decided to answer her. I mean really...she has to know someday. This was my response:

Me:Josey, babies come out of their mommy's belly button.
Josey: OH! I always wondered what that thing was for! But, why do boys have them too?

Well well well, there that is. Since I knew she had caught me, I decided to leave. I wonder if my mama or if her mama ever gave her the right answer? Next thing she'll be asking how the baby got into my belly. I better start thinking about this early. Let's hope she doesn't ask until she's about 13---No, 30. Yes, 30 will be the perfect age to discuss sex with my sweet little niece.

Anywho, I'm going to go try to find pickles on campus. Peace & Love--CD

3 comments:

  1. Bahahahahaha. That's too funny. Little kids and their questions. Gotta love it. I think you handled it quite well. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your nephew asked me if god put the baby in your tummy then why do they also look like their dad...lol..........my quick thinking response was: well honey god takes into consideration what the daddy looks like! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Casey you should consult Missy on the kind of situations. She always has good, quick responses. Like the time Wilson asked her when he was getting his present and she told him "later tonight" of course Mitchell was listening and asked her why she had to give daddy his present later that night....HaHa!....Missy's response "Because its a pillow!" ..... Genius I say! This is where I will be sending Liberty when these questions come along! LoL

    ReplyDelete